Christ Ministered to All

Christ Ministered to All

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sisters and Mothers

There are two wonderful women who are members of the local ward (congregation) here that exemplify to me the power of sisterhood and motherhood. They are both older, single women who live next door to each other. They spend almost every single day together, whether it be accompanying one another to doctor's appointments, grocery shopping, or going to church. They love and care for one another, and of course, give each other a hard time every once in a while. These women show to me the strong bond that can develop as we selflessly serve others and strive to support one another in our daily challenges. That love and care of a sister is so closely related to that of a mother as well. Women are blessed to have an almost innate sense of nurturing, care giving, service, and sacrifice. These two women would give up anything to help the other and to make sure that they are taken care of. I know many amazing mothers who are that same way as well! As Mother's Day approaches, I just want to express my deep gratitude for mothers, motherhood, and my own mother. I know that not all women will experience maternity in this life, but it is amazing to me that every single one has the power and ability to be a mother. Motherhood is an attitude of nurturing, teaching, serving, and loving those around you. I am grateful for the women in the world who sacrifice of themselves in order to lift others and help them become better. I know my own mom has sacrificed so much of her own desires and time in order to make sure that I was not only taken care of, but that I had every opportunity available to me to be successful and happy. I know that Jesus Christ has this same kind of love for everyone too. He made the ultimate sacrifice.Through Him, we are not only saved from sin, sorrow, and pain -- we are enabled to experience happiness, growth, and prosperity. Mothers exemplify to me the love of God as they work hard to fulfill their highest, and holiest calling of motherhood.

Check out this fantastic site in tribute to motherhood: http://motherhood.mormon.org//

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment of your thoughts on this experience or principle of the gospel!